I would just like to share with you my 5 favourite items from my makeup case. Because I like to spread the love when it comes to great finds and think you should all know about these little treasures.
1. YOUNGBLOOD Natural Mineral Loose Foundation. The colour I use is Honey. I have been using this make-up for years, ever since my sister and her Beautician friend, Danni, got me hooked. This stuff is unreal. I didn’t believe them (of course I didn’t) when they told me how great it was all those years ago. I didn’t believe for a second that it would cover up my freckles and scars. So Dani did one side of my face, ever so gently and BAM – holy cow, the coverage was amazing. I was shocked. And my favourite part – it doesn’t even feel like you are wearing makeup. No smell, no oily feeling, nothing. You can purchase it from Cosmetics Now for $56.95 with free shipping.
2. Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit. I first discovered the joy of Benefit Cosmetics when Sonia Styling wrote about the Benefit Brow Bar in Myer. I couldn’t wait until my next trip to the big smoke. I have been to Benefit 3 times now, I know – don’t fall off your seat – a whole 3 times. But what I did discover was that some people who live in the City don’t even know about Benefit. You can read all about my first time in Benefit here. So, when I was over in Townsville I trotted myself down to Myer and just had to see what they had on offer. I just couldn’t help myself. I came out with Girl Meets Pearl and I am loving myself sick with it slapped across my little cheekbones. It is a liquid illuminator, gives a little bit of a glow and highlight to your cheekbones. I am not all that experienced when it comes to Illuminators, but after watching this clip from Nikki over at Styling You I was sold, I just had to find some. Head on over to Styling You and get up close and personal with Nikki in her bathroom while she demonstrates how to use illuminators. You won’t be sorry. You can buy Girl Meets Pearl online from Adore Beauty for $53.00 plus free shipping.
3. Gimme Brow by Benefit. You can read all about it in one of my previous posts here and see a particularly attractive picture of me demonstrating how it looks on one brow. I am hooked. Now it doesn’t matter if my fine eyebrows have not been tinted in a while. I can just whack some of this on and look a million bucks. Ok, so possibly not a million bucks but I can dream. What is the saying “don’t deprive someone of hope, it may be all they have”… story of my life out here in the middle of nowhere. So, Gimme Brow is a Volumizing Fiber Gel. You apply it with the mascara type wand and it adds colour and volume to your brows, without marking the skin and also brushes them into place. Could it get any better? You can buy it online from Adore Beauty for $35.00 plus free shipping. I use this in Light/Medium.
4. Moisture Plus by Carmex. This one I found after reading this post on Redcliffe Style – where would I be without these blogs I follow? They have taught me so much. I had to get myself some the next time I found a shop. I haven’t looked back either, it gives your lips a kiss of colour without looking like you have lipstick on. It is a lip gloss so it provides moisture to your lips along with SPF15, while looking good too. I think the only colour I have been able to find so far is Peach, and I love it. Will definitely buy some pink if i can find it though. You can buy this in Pharmacy’s and even supermarkets. Onto it people. Your lips will thank you and so will your reflection in the mirror! You can buy it online at Priceline for $8.99
5. Pearly Shine by Nivea. Now, if you have already popped over to Styling You then you will already know what I am about to say…. but if not, you need to check it out. Nikki, from Styling You, got me onto Pearly Shine, which is actually a lip gloss. But if you are cool like us you will use it as a bit of a highlighter/ pick-me-up type thing under your eyes and up along the top of your cheek bone. I am loving it, so thanks a million Nikki, what the hell would I do without you? You can also pick this up online from Priceline for $4.49
Now it is your turn. What is your favourite product in your makeup case? Any hot tips for a quick, natural look?
And a big thank you to Nikki, Rachel and Sonia for styling my life…one story at a time. I would be lost without all of your make-up tips. You guys rock.