It has come to my attention that some people may need some direction as to where they should be making their important purchases online – thanks BB. And by important purchases I mean…. wine of course. Or, well, any sort of booze for that matter. So, my friends, I am here to lead you into the online light.
1. Dan Murphy’s would have to be my #1 choice – did you even know that you could go shopping at Dan Murphy’s even if you do, indeed, live at Bum F*%k Nowhere (please excuse the french – DD: Block your delicate little ears). So as it happens I was doing a little retail therapy the other day and found myself on the Dan Murphy’s website (of course I did). And I must say, I have never actually purchased from them online, so this was a first for me. But let me tell you – you could very very easily get carried away with their fabulous prices and range. They have my favourite French Champagne too – Dupperrey. My Aunty Theresie & Uncle John got me onto this a couple of years ago when they came up for Clancy’s Christening and landed on my doorstep with 6 bottles of the stuff. GOD. LOVE. THEM. is all I can say.
I have never looked back. I am not much of a bubbly fan, it has to been good. None of that YELLOW business (Que vomiting in own mouth). I think I can even say that I like it more than Moet and Veuve! Don’t worry folks, yes it is Champagne, not just sparkling wine. So if you like your bubbly, and of course I prefer a Chardonnay Pinot Noir type of bubbly, then this one is for you. We had lots of happy Christening folk, it was a hit. And all of you G&T drinkers – check out the price of the Bombay Sapphire 1L bottle! I know – shut up!!!! And the Pepper Jack…. holy cow, this stuff costs close to $30 at our local bottle shop! I have recently taken quite a liking to the Wirra Wirra Scrubby Rise and the price is remarkable here at DM!
Dan Murphy’s is a one stop shop – they sell everything you need. You can buy single bottles or whole cases, it doesn’t matter. Oh and as a bonus – if you live in a metropolitan area you get free postage if you spend over $300. Of course I loaded up my “cart” the other day to get the free postage only to realise that, no – sorry, I do not in fact live in a “metro” area (ha ha ha ha) so had to pay about $38.00 – that’s ok though.
Oh, and can I just say, for the record, I think I have only ever been into an actual DAN MURPHY’S store about 3 times. I kid you not. The first time I ever went into one was a couple of years ago with my sister, down in Dubbo. I made her take me there when she collected me from the plane. I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Well – holy cow – I swear I almost fainted as I walked through the automatic doors….. it was like a gigantic supermarket, but instead of fruit and veg it had wine, and instead of groceries it had spirits, and instead of dairy it had beer. Oh dear lord, hello heaven – MISS CHARDY IS IN DA HOUSE!!!!
2. Robert Oatley – of course I was sold when “Jay” – my personal Wine Consultant from Robert Oatley phoned, because Oatley Vineyards are from my childhood hometown of Mudgee and all. How could I hang up on him. And yes, thank you Jay from the Robert Oatley call centre, yes I would indeed like some wine, Jay, so kind of you to think of me…what can you do for me in the way of Chardonnay. He had me at “free postage” – yes, thank you, don’t mind if I do take 2 cartons of your Tic Tok Chardonnay, toot sweet darl. Such prompt friendly service. When I needed my next batch I just emailed my personal Wine Consultant and requested another batch. This time I had to pay postage, but it was really very reasonable.
Get Wines Direct
3. Get Wines Direct – have some great deals happening all the time, just subscribe to their email newsletter so you are in the know. I have used Get Wines Direct on many occasions and to top it off they have a $9.00 Australia Wide Delivery fee – great price.
Phone: 1300 599 463
4. Cellarmasters also offer a great range and if you don’t know what sort of wine to get you can pick up mixed dozen cases so you get a bit of everything. They also use Everyday Rewards & Frequent Flyer which is a bonus. Delivery: cost varies upon location, delivery to Mt Isa for example is $18.95. You can also join their Quarterly Wine Plan to ensure you have wine delivered on a regular basis. But you do not by any means have to join this plan and there is never any obligation to buy. They are always sending out catalogues in the mail with some wonderful deals. I have purchased through Cellarmasters and have been very happy with them.
Phone 1800 500 260
5. First Choice Liquor – BB – this one is for you…. They sell SquealingPig Savvy B!!! Couldn’t even find this on the Dan Murphy’s Website…. they also offer FREE DELIVERY when you spend $150 or more. Otherwise the delivery ranges from $6.95 – $18.95 per case. BB – look this little piggy is $15.20.