A few of you have asked me exactly how I make pavlova, so today I am sharing this recipe with you. It is seriously the easiest recipe in the world. If I can do it then surely anyone can. So here you go…
4 egg whites
1 cup of white sugar (it says castor sugar but I never have this, so I just use normal)
cream for topping
- Pre heat oven to 150°c. Separate egg whites, be careful not to get any yolk in the bowl. Ensure the bowl and beaters in the mix master are perfectly clean.
- In a mix master, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Start to add the sugar verrrrrrrry slowly…. a spoonful at a time and beat in after each addition. Once the sugar is all in beat for another 5 minutes until thick and glossy and all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Spread onto a tray with baking paper on it. I like to do a rectangle as it is easier to cut and serve…
- Run a knife up the edges to help stabilise the pav.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes. After 30 mins reduce heat to 120°c and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool in oven with the door ajar.
- Top with cream and fruit. I like to whip some cream with icing sugar and vanilla. Top with strawberries, banana and passionfruit… or anything your little heart desires!
It is always a hit. Sometimes it might look a bit rough and caved in when it comes out of the oven, but don’t let that worry you – make a heap of cream and this will cover any imperfections and make it taste delicious!